Doctor’s Weight Loss Center, LLC (DrWLC) operates several medical clinics, specializing in medical weight loss, anti-aging and sexual health services. DrWLC’s weight loss services feature Dr. Cheng’s Diet, a holistic weight management system that integrates behavioral, dietary, medical therapies with web database supported wireless weight monitoring technology for weight loss and weight maintenance. Thousands of paitents and many years of clinical experience proves this system to be easy, effective and safe. Average weight loss is around 30-50 pounds in 2 months. The wireless weight monitoring system prevents patients from doing yo-yo diet. So far, we believe our system is the only one of its kind in the world. DrWLC attracts patients from all corners of US (including NY, Boston, Seattle, LA, TX and Florida) as well as international patients (e.g., UK).
DrWLC treats overweight/obese patients, patients with hypertension, or diabetes, or high blood cholesterol/lipds. DrWLC also helps patients who may not be obese or overweight but still desire to lose some weight. DrWLC accepts all major health insurances. If you are overweight/obese or have high blood pressure, diabetes, or high cholesterol, your office visits are usually covered by your health insurance.
We belive the root cause of hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, and heart disease is overweight/obesity. The current medical treatment modalities do not effectively treat the cause of these diseases. We believe whie it is important to treat the symptoms of these disease (elevated blood pressure, sugar or cholesterol), it is more important to treat the cause. By helping you to lose the extra weight, we can successfully and effectively help you to treat or prevent these obesity-associated diseases. It is our goal to offer quality safe, effective, easy and affordableweight loss services to our patients.
With DrWLC’s easy-to-follow weight loss program, all you need to do to lose weight is a few simple steps:
- Eat three meals a day. Don’t skip breakfast. Breakfast jumpstarts your metabolism of the day.
- Eat small portions. While on our program, you won’t feel much hungry, which allows you to eat smaller portions. But please eat! Don’t skip meals. We recommend between 800-1200 calories each day. Few than 800 calories can slow down your metabolism.
- Drink plenty of water. You may become dehydrated, if you don’t drink enough water while taking the water pill (Maxzide).
- We recommend that you buy a calorie counting book from bookstores. Calorie counting is a useful educational exercise. But if you find it difficult and can’t do it, don’t worry. Just eat smaller portions.
- Try not to snack between meals. If you have to, snack on fruits or vegetables.
- Exercise is highly recommended, but calorie restriction is critical in weight loss! Exercise alone won’t help much in weight loss. Exercise increases appetite that may even cause weight gain. For instance, one can drink a beer in 5 minutes easily. But it takes ~20 minutes to burn off the calorie in that beer. How many times after drinking a beer you went out to run 20 minutes?
- If you experience less than one per day bowel movements, talk to our doctor. Regular bowel movements are very important in elimination of metabolic waste and weight loss.
At DrWLC, we help you to change your current unhealthy lifestyle to a new and healthier lifestyle, a process called Therapeutic Lifestyle Change (TLC). Regular office visits and following medical advices are critical in achieving TLC goals. It is critically important NOT to miss an appointment, esp. during the first few months, while your new healthier lifestyle is being established. Otherwise, it is very likely that you will regain the weight you lost. This will hurt your motivation, your efforts as well as our reputation. If you want to take a break from the program, you may do so after 3-4 monthly visits after discussing with us.