In our regular Monday Lecture Series, Dr. Cheng will present on Ketogenic Diet (KetoDiet for short) for Weight Loss and Health. Topics to be discussed include:
- What is Ketogenic Diet? Why (healthy) fats are good for you. Why carbs are bad. KetoDiet, it‘s health benefits.
- Why is KetoDiet a foundation for all chronic disease?
- Case studies of KetoDiet and nutritional therapy for autoimmune diseases like psoriasis, skin rash.
- Nutritonal KetoDiet (for health or for chronic disease management) vs. Restricted KetoDiet (for cancer management).
- How to eat on ketogenic diet, introduce some keto recipes.
- Other factors in a healthy diet.
- Brief introduction to oxidative stress, mitochondrial health, and nutritional approach to health.
- How to combine KetoDiet with our current weight management protocols to better manage your weight and other chronic diseases (autoimmune disorders, diabetes, heart disease and even cancer).
Date and Time: Apr. 2nd, 2018, Monday, at 1 pm.
Address: Cheng Integrative Health Center/Doctor‘s Weight Loss Center, 6149 St. Andrews Rd., Columbia, SC 29212 (across stree from Cici’s Pizza, in fornt of the K-Mart).
Dr. Richard Cheng, MD