Objectives of 2 weeks on protein bars
- To show you that you can lose lots of weight, when you are put on an appropriate diet;
- To boost your confidence that you can lost weight on this diet;
- To establish a baseline weight loss amount. We’ll use this baseline amount to measure future success.
First Week on hCG Diet
At the 1st day of your 1st week, weigh yourself and enter the weight into your account online (It’s ok if you weighed differently on your scale than on ours. What we are looking for is the rate of weight loss. Weigh in online again in the middle and the end of the 1st week.
- Breakfast (~6-8 AM) : make sure you start your day with a breakfast. Your breakfast should consist of a protein bar (ours only), a glass of water, or a cup of coffee or green tea. Do not eat anything else. Definitely do not eat (or drink) any bread, donuts, eggs, milk or dairy products, bacon, not even fruit. Just one protein bar and lots of water. You eat a protein bar not as food, but as medicine to prevent muscle loss.
- Lunch: eat another protein bar, a green salad consisting of only green leafy vegetables (cabbage, lettuce, celery or spinach etc). You may use vinegar, lemon juice or vinaigrette as salad dressing. Do not put any croutons, bacon, cheese, eggs meats on salad. Do not eat any rice, bread or pasta. Drink lots of water, or green tea. No more coffee. Other than water, you should be having anything else. You shouldn’t be hungry. If you really want to have some snack, you may snack on carrots, cucumber, or celery sticks (you may dip into soy sauce, but not rich creamy sauce such as Thousand Island or Ranch).
- Dinner (supper): the same as for lunch. Other than water, you should be having anything else. You shouldn’t be hungry. If you are hungry, report to us. If you really want to have some snack, you may snack on carrots, cucumber, or celery sticks (you may dip into soy sauce, but not rich creamy sauce such as Thousand Island or Ranch).
- Exercise: we encourage you to do exercise. Any form of exercise is fine. Do not push yourself when exercising. If you feel a tired or uncomfortable, take a break. During the first few days to a week after starting the program, your body is adjusting to the new condition. You may feel a bit easy to get tired, easy to get short of breath, esp. when climbing stairs. That’s normal. Take a break when that happens.
- Do not smoke cigarettes. This is actually the best time to quit smoking. Our medications help to reduce your body’s reaction to dieting (to smoking too). If you quit smoking now, you won’t feel as bad. Talk to us about this. We’ll add other cigarette quitting aids to your plan.
- Do not drink any alcohol (beer, wine or liquor).
- How to take medications:
- Take 2 capsules of Green Coffee Extract twice daily (30 minutes before lunch and before supper).
- Take 2 capsules of Garcinia twice daily.
- Inject under the belly skin 1 ml of B12, once a week.
- Inject under the belly skin 0.1 ml of hCG. This can be done any time of the day. Choose a convenient time for you. It’s a good idea to stick to the same time, say, evening hours.
- Take Herbal Diuretic or maxzide in the morning (we usually start with Herbal Diuretic, as Maxzide is stronger and may cause some side effects). You should expect more urine output than usual. If not, we need to switch to a stronger water pill;
- Take Thyroid pills in the morning,
- Take Trazadone 30 minutes before bed time, as this will make you sleepy; If we give you Fluoxetine, take it before bed time as well.
- Take 2 capsules of 3 Ballerina before bed time. Do not take 3 Ballerina in the morning.
- Take T-Gran or M-Vite multi-vitamin tablets at dinner (supper) time. do not take it in the morning, as it tends to cause nausea.
- Expected weight loss: average 7-15 lbs (with more weight loss for bigger people). Your first week’s weight loss is greater than usual, as you may have known, due to water loss, and colon cleansing.