Objectives of 2 weeks on protein bars
- To show you that you can lose lots of weight, when you are put on an appropriate diet;
- To boost your confidence that you can lost weight on this diet;
- To establish a baseline weight loss amount. We’ll use this baseline amount to measure future success.
2nd Week on hCG Diet
At the 1st day of your 2nd week, weigh yourself and enter the weight into your account online. Weigh in online again in the middle and the end of the 2nd week.
By 2nd week, you are most likely adjusted to the new lifestyle. You shouldn’t have any more side effects or difficulties. The food intake is the same as the first week. There is some minor change to medications.
- Breakfast (~6-8 AM) : make sure you start your day with a breakfast. Your breakfast should consist of a protein bar (ours only), a glass of water, or a cup of coffee or green tea. Do not eat anything else. Definitely do not eat (or drink) any bread, donuts, eggs, milk or dairy products, bacon, not even fruit. Just one protein bar and lots of water. You eat a protein bar not as food, but as medicine to prevent muscle loss.
- Lunch: eat another protein bar, a green salad consisting of only green leafy vegetables (cabbage, lettuce, celery or spinach etc). You may use vinegar, lemon juice or vinaigrette as salad dressing. Do not put any croutons, bacon, cheese, eggs meats on salad. Do not eat any rice, bread or pasta. Drink lots of water, or green tea. No more coffee. Other than water, you should be having anything else. You shouldn’t be hungry. If you really want to have some snack, you may snack on carrots, cucumber, or celery sticks (you may dip into soy sauce, but not rich creamy sauce such as Thousand Island or Ranch).
- Dinner (supper): the same as for lunch. Other than water, you should be having anything else. You shouldn’t be hungry. If you are hungry, report to us. If you really want to have some snack, you may snack on carrots, cucumber, or celery sticks (you may dip into soy sauce, but not rich creamy sauce such as Thousand Island or Ranch).
- Exercise: we encourage you to do exercise. Any form of exercise is fine. Do not push yourself when exercising. If you feel a tired or uncomfortable, take a break. During the first few days to a week after starting the program, your body is adjusting to the new condition. You may feel a bit easy to get tired, easy to get short of breath, esp. when climbing stairs. That’s normal. Take a break when that happens.
- Do not smoke cigarettes. This is actually the best time to quit smoking. Our medications help to reduce your body’s reaction to dieting (to smoking too). If you quit smoking now, you won’t feel as bad. Talk to us about this. We’ll add other cigarette quitting aids to your plan.
- Do not drink any alcohol (beer, wine or liquor).
- Medications. Take all medications the same as the 1st week.
- Expected weight loss: average 4-7 lbs. The easy weight is already lost. This 4-7 lbs weight loss is your net weight loss (mostly should be excess fat and sugar which is stored in the muscles and the liver). This amount of weight loss is your baseline weight loss. We’ll use this amount of weight loss to gauge your future success. In other words, in the future, if you achieve this amount of weight loss, we need to figure out why and how to improve.